Sunday, June 5, 2011

29 Weeks

The big news this week is I passed my 1 hour glucose test, which means no sign of gestational diabetes, and therefore more ice cream for me!  I was pretty concerned about this test, even though I have no risk factors, just because my sugar consumption has been high (for me) this entire pregnancy.  But I didn't even have to go back for the 3 hour test, so all is good.  Here is a pic from work on Wednesday:
We've had a good week otherwise.  My 28 week check-up went fine and I'm still measuring right on track.  I also had my rogham shot for my O- blood type -- that's the first time I've had a shot in the bootie that I can remember.  As the doctor said, that's the last thing we really "do" before the baby starts indicating he wants to arrive.  We are having an elective 3D ultrasound this coming Saturday, so hopefully we'll have some cool pics to share next weekend.  Yesterday we went for a really nice hike up North Table Rock mountain, which was a 30% or so incline to get up there, and then nice panoramic views at the top.  Here we are at the top:
And here are some paragliders we saw as we were driving home:

And here is another set of unflattering belly shots - we spent a little time at the pool this afternoon and I haven't really cleaned up since.  It was in the low 90s, but without the humidity it's almost chilly when you get out of the pool here.  No complaints here!  I am now entering the whale stage of pregnancy, apparently:

1 comment: